Welcome to the ecordonline website.
Your privacy is important to us.
- Our principles for preserving your privacy and that of your data
- The information which we collect about you
- How we use your personal information
- your choices with regard to your personal information
- How to contact us about privacy issues
We have two guiding principles -
- You should have full ownership and, as far as possible, control of the data which you store and process in your ecord.
We have designed the ecordonline Website and your ecord with the objective of providing you with a secure electronic database in which to enter, process, store and share and from which to download information of, about and relating to the Company. You are solely responsible for ensuring that the data in your ecord is entered, processed, stored, viewed and/or downloaded only by persons authorised by you.
INFORMATION WHICH WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information about you in various ways.
Information which you provide to us
When you open an ecordonline subscription, you will provide us with -
- the name of the ecordonline subscriber
- the ecordonline subscriber's e-mail address
- bank account details
- a password
You will also provide certain personal information to us, if you contact us by e-mail, fax, telephone or post.
Information uploaded to an ecord
Personal information may also be uploaded by you to an ecord.
Information which we collect automatically
We will collect certain information about you automatically as a result of you or your invitee logging onto the ecordonline Website and/or your use of your ecord -
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which access to the ecordonline website is gained. The IP address can sometimes reveal the country and/or city from which access to the website is gained.
- the specific actions which are taken on the ecordonline website and in your ecord
- the time, frequency and duration of visits to the ecordonline website
- the browser type and operating system of the person accessing the ecordonline website
- the nature of the device used by the person accessing the ecordonline website for example whether the device is a personal computer or mobile device
- information obtained from your interaction with e-mail messages - for example whether and when you opened our message to you and whether you forwarded any such message.
Information which we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you, express or implied, through our payment intermediary.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information uploaded to an ecord is not used by us. In addition, we will not seek access to such information except as required by the Law of any relevant jurisdiction.
We use the information which we collect about you and your invitees for the following purposes -
- e-mail addresses and passwords are used to identify persons logging into ecordonline subscription accounts and ecords.
Personal information will also be used for the following purposes -
- to operate and maintain your ecordonline account and ecords in it and to provide access to your ecord.
- to identify the creator of entries in or relating to any ecordonline account or any ecord.
- to provide you with technical support.
- to analyse the use of the ecordonline website for our internal development and management purposes and to respond about any comment or enquiry which you may have sent to us.
- to prevent or take action against activities that are or may be in breach of our ecordonline Website conditions.
- for other purposes provided that we disclose these to you in advance and that you have consented to such use.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share your personal information with anyone except -
- our intermediate payment provider.
- with your consent.
- as required by the Law of any relevant jurisdiction - We may disclose your personal information and/or that of any of your invitees if, in good faith, we believe that we are required to make such disclosure by the Law of a relevant jurisdiction, including if required to do so by a Court Order or other legal demand or request from a Court or public authority which appears to us, acting in good faith, to be genuine.
- as consolidated data - We may consolidate your data with that of other subscribers to our ecordonline website in order to create statistical information relating to the use of our ecordonline website which we may then share with third parties and/or make publicly available. None of this information would include any name or e-mail address or other contact information or anything which might identify you or any invitee to your ecord.
- to protect our interests - We may disclose your personal information in circumstances where, in good faith, we believe that it is necessary in order to protect and/or defend our legitimate rights and interests and/or those of any or all of our officers and employees and other ecordonline subscribers including for the purpose of ensuring the safety and security of our ecordonline website and of data stored in any ecords hosted on the ecordonline website.
- a successor to our business - We may transfer your personal information to any person or company which acquires all or the majority of our business and assets whether on a sale, merger or in the event of insolvency.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
Control of Personal Information
Personal information supplied to open an ecordonline subscription may be controlled in the following ways -
on the My Account - screen of an ecordonline membership account the ecordonline subscriber may change their Membership Password and Bank Account details and terminate the ecordonline membership subscription.
Personal information uploaded to an ecord may be may be controlled in the following ways -
it may be amended through the normal operation of the ecord;
on the Admin - Assign Access - Change Administrator - screen of an ecord, the Administrator of the ecord can be changed;
on the Admin - Close ecord - screen of an ecord, the ecord can be closed.
When you close an ecord, we may continue to hold the information in that ecord for a period after termination. However, we will not be under any obligation to hold all or any such information for any period after the ecord is closed and you will not be entitled to access any such information which we may continue to hold after the ecord is closed.
International Data Transfers
ecord Limited is based in Europe. Your personal information is collected, stored and used in accordance with European Laws.